Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Grilled Oxtail Soup

There is something about winter that makes me on fire to cook !!!
I am having a time of my life where I enjoy cooking so much ..mostly I went outside on weekends for lunch and dinner with friends, trying new restaurant or bar or cafe or whatever has nice food...so...on weekdays I cook !!...I will stay up late then eat late then gain weight ....*saddddddd..

anyway here are some picture from my version of grilled oxtail soup or sop buntut bakar / pangang..
its took me 3 hours its a very easy meal but took forever when u have no slowcooker!!! but it worth to wait :)

Perfect for a cold winter night...humm yum
maybe a good idea to cook on weekend

from 6.30 -10.47pm


 so here re what you need.. I tend to use my feeling when cooking meal so bare with me ha ha
with basic recipes is from here

Ingridient:

SOUP

1 kg oxtail
lots garlic ( 3-4 )
brown onion ( half )
1 x potato
1x carrot
1x cinnamon stick
ginger
salt
papper
sugar
nutmeg
6-10 x clove

put everything on a large pot, lots of water , wait till the oxtail is cook and soft, once the your oxtail cook and soft your soup should be very tick , remove carrot and potato, take your oxtail out ( ready to be grilled or oven ) now cook your new diced potato and carrot , add spring onion once your potato cook. soup DONE!

SAUCE FOR GRILLED / OVEN

3 x garlic ( finely chop )
lots of sweet soy sauce
2 tsp oyster sauce
1 x block of butter / margarine
add lots of black papper

mix all ingredient well , now ready to grill / oven ...
grilled your oxtail with sauce till its crispy (15 min )  or oven (45 min) together with lots of butter .

served with hot rice  :)

ENJOYYY !!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Fenny, thanks for submitting your yummy oxtail soup to DMBLGiT July 2011. Wishing you good luck !

    ReplyDelete